- Learn Tarot – Joan Bunning
This is a free online self-paced course. This is the way I learned tarot back in the very beginning (although I used the book version). I love Joan’s key words and empowering approach to the cards.
- Tarot Foundations – Brigit Esselmont
Tarot Foundations is a self-described tarot learning ‘hub’ with online Tarot courses, masterclasses, tarot guides and more, powered by Biddy Tarot. Biddy Tarot is the main site of Brigit Esselmont, a tarot reader, mentor, and coach who has been practicing tarot for 15 years. Brigit was the tarot business coaching catalyst who gave me the positive push to “go pro” with tarot after 12 years of work with tarot.
- Learn the Tarot de Marseille – Enrique Enriquez (email: enrique.eenriquez -at- gmail -dot- com)
Enrique has been my personal teacher for learning the optical language of the Tarot de Marseille. He uses a mixture of poetry, wordplay, and metaphor to teach this language. I highly recommend Enrique for more advanced readers who are looking to hone their skills, do away with new-age gobbledygook in their readings, and get to the heart of the value of the tarot as a contemplative practice. For more information about Enrique and his approach, please see these links:
To explore some of Enrique’s writing about the Tarot de Marseille and wordplay:
As well as some other sources of his storytelling and experiences:
Enrique also starred in the world’s first feature-length documentary about the Tarot de Marseille,Tarology. It can be purchased in DVD format here, or you can watch it instantly for just $1.99 through Amazon Instant Video by clicking here.
“You can only find what you are not looking for if you take a detour.” -EE
- The Tarot Lady – Theresa Reed
Theresa offers classes and personal mentoring for your tarot business with gangsta rap-inspired lingo and a down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach. She’s specialized in helping metaphysical professionals maximize their earning potential.
- Tarosophy/Tarot Professionals – Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin
Described as the largest professional tarot organization in the world, Tarosophy offers a wide variety of courses, from introductory courses, self-study ebook series, certificate and diploma courses, and even a two year degree-style program called Hekademia.
- The Tarot School – Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone
Founded in 1995 “as a place to get an ongoing education in tarot,” The Tarot School offers classes, correspondence courses, audio courses, teleclasses, degree programs, as well as private coaching.
- Beyond Worlds: Your Tarot Tribe – Donnaleigh de LaRose
A popular and free tarot podcast, as well as a listing of other online free resources and courses that Donnaleigh has collected here on her site.
- American Tarot Association
- Association for Tarot Studies
- TABI: Tarot Association of the British Isles
- Tarot Guild of Australia
- Tarot Professionals
Established in 2000, there are now over 20,000 members in this free online community who have made over 3 million posts.
Membership in this self-described social network for tarot is included in Tarot Professionals membership, or available by monthly memberships.
- The Readers Studio (The Tarot School, annual, NYC, 3 days, April)
- TarotCon (Tarosophy, annual, Australia, 2 days, March; UK, 2 days, September; USA-Texas, 2 days, October)
- SF BATS (Daughters of Divination, annual, San Francisco, CA, 2 days, August)